November 6, 2016
This Bible study helps us to understand our calling as citizens and how the word of God can guide us to fulfill that calling. The main points of the Bible study are:
1. God chooses presidents.
2. We are called by God to respect the leaders He has chosen (unless they command us to sin).
3. The purpose of government is to bring about justice.
4. Our primary role in choosing the next president is prayer.
5. Our additional role is to vote and/or advocate for certain candidates.
6. Christian should choose leaders who will best fulfill God's expectations for government - to bring about justice. Justice is defined by God's law. Therefore Christians should choose leaders who will be most likely to respect God's law.
1. What about the 501(3)c status?
2. Will the pastors say who they will vote for?
3. Are Christians sinning if they vote for a "pro-choice" candidate?
4. Is it right to look at politics as a "lesser of evils"?
Additional Questions from the Congregation